The beautiful island nation of Bermuda has launched a digital nomad visa, called the Work from Bermuda Certificate.
This adds yet another beautiful location to the growing list of nations launching digital nomad visas catering to the growing remote workforce. As the Work from Bermuda Certificate is effectively a residency visa, there are some cool perks, like the ability to send your kids to school and the ability to buy and register a car.
Bermuda will even provide a business concierge to help you with everything from networking to navigating their government bureaucracy.
No Income Tax
As an added bonus, you don’t pay any income tax to Bermuda as you are not employed there. That’s a huge perk, because you’ll need the money. Bermuda has one of the highest costs of living on earth, and it’s not recommended for anyone bringing in less than $150,000/year. The cost of living ranges from $6,000-$12,000 per month. More on cost of living and other DN related infrastructure in Hamilton, Bermuda’s capital, can be found on Nomadlist.
What are the criteria?
- be at least 18 years old and pay the application fee of $263
- not have been convicted of a crime in Bermuda or elsewhere
- possess valid health insurance coverage
- demonstrate employment with a legitimate company or your own company registered and operating outside of Bermuda, in the case of a remote worker
- provide evidence of enrollment in a Research, Undergraduate, Graduate or Doctorate Programme, in the case of a student
- have substantial means and/or have a continuous source of annual income
Upon application, you’ll hear back from them in 5 days, and your certificate will be valid for 12 months from the date of approval. So don’t apply unless you are ready to go ASAP. Renewals upon expiration are reviewed on a case by case basis.
Applications for Bermuda’s Digital Nomad Visa are open
Apply here if and when you are ready to take the leap!
And be sure to check out our complete list of digital nomad visas!